Sunday, March 05, 2006

Best Cornbread Ever!

Good morning! In lieu of being able to show you any knitting pics (still having problems uploading) I will give you the best cornbread recipe ever. My sister loves it and thought I should share it here. Sometimes I make it as written, other times I add chile peppers and adobo sauce and maybe corn. Any way it's fixed it's marvelous - sweet taste, great texture. I love serving it warm with butter on top and inside...mmm...Let me know what you think if you try it!

Prep: 10 minutes, Bake: 25 minutes, 6 servings

CORNBREAD

1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 large egg
1 1/4 cups yellow, white or blue cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

1. Heat oven to 400. Grease bottom and side of round pan, 9x1 1/2 inches, or square pan, 8x8x2.
2. Beat milk, butter and egg in large bowl with hand beater or wire whisk. Stir in remaining ingredients all at once just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Pour into pan.
3. Back 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm if desired.

(taken from Betty Crocker's Cook Book (newest edition, "Big Red"), p.62)

1 Comments:

At 3/06/2006 7:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yum yum. Once we get more corn meal I'm gonna make some!!! The last corn bread i made was crap...u tasted it. It was like some strange mix of sand and yellow food coloring. I know u were trying to be all nice when you said it wasn't that bad, but i know it was horrile. u dont have to lie lol. I think mom gave the rest of it to the dog. I was looking for it the other day and I asked her where it was and she said she didn't know...that she might have taken it to work with her for lunch and forgot it there...ummm...riiiiight...that sounds totally plausible. not. She so threw it away or gave it to the dog as soon as i was out of the house, you know she did lol. I'm going to investigate!!!! =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home