Sunday, February 26, 2006

Question: Knitting Challenge?

Hi again. As I was seaming up my poncho I realized that I am having a hard time figuring out what seams are appropriate for what stitches, designs, etc. and am challenged by the prospect of making a seam that looks flawless and professional. (For the poncho I am attempting the Invisible Weaving technique for Shoulder Seams. Ack! I really don't care for seams.) As I was thinking of this I began wondering what the rest of you are challenged by, whether also by seams (join me, my sisters & brothers) or by other things such as colorwork, sizing, etc. So, I present to you the following question: What at this present time is most challenging to you in this wonderful world of knitting? If you want to answer a second question, what have you never tried in knitting because you are intimidated by it? (If enough answers are the same I'll create a tally bar and post it at the side so we can watch the results as the answers come in.)

2 Comments:

At 2/27/2006 9:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lets see...what is challenging...? a) everything, b)everything made out of yarn, c) everything done at home with loud, crazy people. Is it intimidating??? maybe. yes. no. wait. yes. very much so...and i leave u with these inspiring words...i suppose with my fashionism(?) and your craftiness,knitting will take over the world!!!!! ahh!!!!!!

 
At 3/02/2006 3:47 PM , Blogger Patti Shreiner said...

Most challenging: getting an accurate gauge swatch

Most intimidating: knitting a sweater. I'll break down by the end of the year, take a break from socks and make a sweater. In the meantime watch my DPNs quiver whenever I think sweater.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home