Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I am from...your mother!

Here is an idea Tammy had posted which she originally found here. Copy and paste this first part and post to your own blog. My version is posted below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am from _______ (specific ordinary item), from _______ (product name) and _______.I am from the _______ (home description... adjective, adjective, sensory detail).I am from the _______ (plant, flower, natural item), the _______ (plant, flower, natural detail).I am from _______ (family tradition) and _______ (family trait), from _______ (name of family member) and _______ (another family name) and _______ (family name).I am from the _______ (description of family tendency) and _______ (another one).From _______ (something you were told as a child) and _______ (another).I am from (representation of religion, or lack of it). Further description.I'm from _______ (place of birth and family ancestry), _______ (two food items representing your family).From the _______ (specific family story about a specific person and detail), the _______ (another detail, and the _______ (another detail about another family member).I am from _______ (location of family pictures, mementos, archives and several more lines indicating their worth).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The title to this post comes from my obsession with "Jo Mama" jokes. You'll just have to bear with me. This is something about me that is not likely to change soon.)

I am from...Your Mama
I am from books, Olay and BurtsBees. I am from beauty, serenity, the peace and plants of home. I am from trees, Detroit and Wikkiup Lakes. I am from chaos and craziness, Martha Sarah & Jerry Glenn, Peggy Ann and Robert Lourence, peace and contentment. I am from sibling bonding and learning. From "It's time to get up, it's time to get up, it's time to get up in the mo...o...rning" and "You are not the parent. We are the parents." I am from God's womb, his everlasting love and justice. I am from God's hands as he patiently molds me, teaches me, shows me it's ok to trust and love and relax, helps me accept others' failings and pray they accept mine. I'm from Edgerton, Wisconsin and Portland, Oregon, New York in a farfetched way. From the dad who gets a kick out of the dog who eats poop, the mom who enjoys sappy movies, the cat who meows by night and bites legs by day, the sister who loves me and shows me a different side of life, the brothers who make me laugh, and the husband who keeps me sane, healthy and happy. I am from scrapbooks, photo albums, family computers, old cards, letters, mementos. I am from...

1 Comments:

At 5/09/2006 3:33 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

Oh, I like yours Abbie. These kinds of things do let us see into others lives. The photo on my site is actually my grandma, the Leona in the poem. I think it was taken before she married grandpa who is John in the poem. She's my dad's mom. I miss her a lot!! In the post about Walla Walla, it was her sister that I got to meet. So this whole episode in my life right now has been a serious walk down memory lane, with all the tears of joy, lose, etc that comes with it. Oh, why don't I just blame it on aging hormones.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home