Monday, March 27, 2006

Yesterday BJ and I drove to Detroit Lake (we love that place!) and while BJ fished a little, I knitted in the Jeep. Although BJ loves fishing he decided rather quickly that he had enough and wanted to roam around the area. So we walked across the Flats and I got lots of pebbles under my feet (not knowing we were going to be so adventurous I wore flip-flops). Some of where we walked was on land normally under water. (During the winter months they let the water out of the lake to avoid flooding and then come summer it is allowed to fill again and the summer recreation begins. The lake is usually full of water-skiiers, fishermen/women, ski-bisquiters, swimmers, etc. The lake is enormous and mountains surround it on all sides. It is usually quiet but for the sounds of all the fun and occasionally a truck going by on the highway across from the lake. The forest surrounding the lake is part of Willamette National Forests) I found lots of snail shells and half-dead grass. Eventually we headed back to the Jeep and the rest of the day drove up mountain roads in the area. Some of them still had snow on them and since both my husband and I love snow so much we had to drive in it and take pictures of it. I would normally have gotten out and played in it but I was knitting and BJ was having far too much fun doing 4x4 things in the snow for me to bother with stopping him. It's so cute when a grown man plays like a little boy.



And of course, my beautiful kitty! Sometimes he just watches us. This is one of those times. Not too long after I took his picture he curled up next to me while I was preparing last night's post.


This was from about a week ago. BJ was trying to take a good picture of him but he wouldn't stop getting up in the middle of the picture-taking. This is him preparing to rise. This is also what he looks like when he is chasing a laser-pointer. See the concentration on his face?


What a wonderful world!

4 Comments:

At 3/28/2006 9:32 AM , Blogger Carol & Christine said...

ROFL! Your cat is adorable! My cat just wiggles her butt when she wants to attach. I love the rise though.

Sounds like you guys has a blast! I cant wait for spring. We didnt go out and enjoy the snow this year, except for the few minutes it snowed outside our front door. So Im glad you did and took photos and posted them.

Can't wait for spring, Can't wait for Spring! *clicks heals together three times*

 
At 3/28/2006 9:32 AM , Blogger Carol & Christine said...

attach is sups'd to read attack. lol

 
At 3/29/2006 7:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The background showed up for me an my isp is verizon...
Tonya

 
At 3/31/2006 6:00 PM , Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Alert! Alert! Yarn Garden's Annual Retreat was jut announced! (via my mailbox, so this may not be new news.) It's at the McMenamins Grand Lodge.. Oct 20-22.

Im interested in going, but dont want to go along. Not that I've met you.. haha, but if you or anyone else wants to go. Perhaps between now and then we could get together to get to know each other and perhaps all carpool together.

Ok, perhaps Im overly excited! lol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home