Tuesday, May 09, 2006

New Puppy!

Sunday BJ and I took a trip to WelBea Kennels in Centralia, WA to pick out our Corgi pup. It was a two hour ride spent in anticipation and punctuated by frequent outbursts from me, "I'm so excited, we're going to get a puppy!", "Yay, we'll have another family member!", "This will probably help prepare us for being parents", "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, a puppy!!!! Yay, yay, yay!", and of course, "What will the cat say?" We arrived, met all the moms and pops and doggies on "dates" that populated the kennel. The mother of the litter we were looking at was beautiful but very small for a corgi. The father was "normal"-sized. We picked the biggest one of the litter so hopefully it will be in the mid-range for size, but not that it matters much. Our little squirt was trying to run around which was amusing since she couldn't even walk very well. She'd walk a few steps and her little behind would fall to the side and she'd have to get up and try again. She seemed to be relatively laid back but I was happy to see that she was wrestling with her siblings too. She was very curious and didn't lay down to sleep until the very end of the time we were there (a few hours), long after her siblings crashed. I think she will be a good match for us with all our camping and hiking and road trips and the like. Corgis are very good family dogs and great with children as well so...as soon as a baby comes along (no, no plans now), we'll have a dog that he/she/they can grow up with. As for a name, we might name her Eina (feminine Einstein) but really we are still in deliberations about it. Who knows. Maybe she'll end up named No Name or (my bad idea) Einsteinetta. Scratch that. My husband would rather stick a hot poker through his eye and have someone jump on the end of it than name a dog Einsteinetta. So, we don't know what the name will be but we sure know what it won't be.
Without further ado, our unnamed pup....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In this pic our pup is in the middle...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We get to pick her up and bring her home with us in about three weeks. We will be camping the week before that for our anniversary and I just don't know if I will be able to be patient! Of course, I don't want to waste away our vacation with longing, so I'll just enjoy every day and try to be patient. BUT I CAN'T! LET THE DAY COME SOON!!

(Abbie, hush!)

4 Comments:

At 5/09/2006 7:52 PM , Blogger Carol & Christine said...

ACK! Either you went post happy... or I've just climbed my way back into cyberspace. SO MANY POSTS TO CATCH UP ON!

Ok.. not a ton... but you write novels. haha.

I love your new baby. I almost adopted a baby from the pound... babies are in the air.. and us sane and witty gals are sprouting for pups. Im glad your husband was a go for the pup... mine said sewing machine.. haha.

Just wanted to say Hello. Cant wait to hear the name you finally choose. I have my name ready for when I finally get my little girl pup... Frappecino... Cino for short. haha... Starbucks is more of a boy name.

:o)

 
At 5/10/2006 12:47 PM , Blogger LisaB said...

She is really cute!! Sounds like you had lots of fun.

Maybe Stumpy? or what was the name...oh yeah Johanna! :)

Too cute!

 
At 5/11/2006 10:41 AM , Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Hey,

Purling in the Park is held at Homestead Park. Best directions I can give are...

Head North on 205, take the second exit after the bridge.. Mill Plain.. stay in the right hand turn lane. You will follow E. Mill Plain ALLLLLLLL the way to 160th Ave. (Red Robin on right side of 160th.) You will go past the Regal Cinemas, past the Goodwill.. and come to a stop sign. Homestead Park is right there on the right. Park. Purl with us.

We meet, right now, on Mondays and Fridays... from 12-3pm. We dont yet have a meeting place for rainy days. And we may change the days, or add days as time goes on.

It would be great to see you on Friday! (Tomorrow, oh gosh, TOMORROW!!)

 
At 6/22/2006 8:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Toys information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home